Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2004

End of a Kentucky Summer

I woke up to another rainy, gray morning. This summer has been a rather wet and cooler-than-normal one according to Kentuckians. I was looking forward to azure blue skies and sun-filled days during summer and I was sort of disappointed. And now it is the end of summer. Back to school, work and dreary winter. The very thought makes me really sad. At least it was a good summer for me. Enjoyed work, leisure and read a few books I've always wanted to.
And here I am blogging about what's gone instead of doing my homework assignment due tomorrow in Finkel's class. I haven't started yet and I don't feel like starting anytime soon. Blogging and chatting with D.
Oh, I have to mention the best gift I got this B'day. D sent me a Calvin and Hobbes Comic Collection. It was a total surprise to me when I got a package from amazon.com! Calvin's philosophies and ideas are totally inspiring and amusing!

Here's one I read this morning that cracked me up:

Calvin: I always seem to think faster than I can say the words.
Hobbes: Is that so?
Calvin: Yeah. I wonder why?
Hobbes: So you can think twice.

No comments: