Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Agnibarathi had tagged me. So here it is....

Seven things you plan to do before you die:


- Go on a luxury cruise to the Mediterranean.
- Leisurely visit Europe and all its famous landmarks. Europe has always fascinated me with its history and fascinating personalities. I'd love to spend a lot of time in Rome visiting all the beautiful cathedrals and artworks that it houses!
- Bungee-jump!
- Donate money to temples and Veda Pata Shalas for the preservation of the tradition of Vedas.
- Own a Ming dynasty china masterpiece unparalleled for delicacy, artistic perfection and beauty!
- Go on a wild Safari in the African deserts!
- Be able to appreciate the music of different countries and traditions. I recently began listening to NPR and they play classics in the morning. I found I was rather ignorant of Western music traditions. I have listened to Beethoven, Handel, Mozart, Bach etc... but never with a trained eye. I hope I find the time to study and appreciate it.

Seven things you can do:

- Write. I never run out of interest in writing even if most of it turns out to be nonsense!
- Read books non-stop especially mysteries (Erle Stanley Gardner, Agatha Christie, Frederick Forsyth, A.J. Quinnell etc...)
- Mehndi: It has become an obsession for me to draw intricate designs!
- Sudoku: Have become completely addicted to this game and play it whenever I get free time.
- Sing moderately well and listen to diverse music.
- Talk with friends on the phone for a long time and not get bored!
- Watch 'Alaipayuthey..' for the umpteenth time and still be as hooked as I was the first time...


Seven things you say the most:

-"Freeeeya vidu"
-"Seeeeriously.."
-"Awesssome.."
-"Google it.."
-"I wanna go to India..."
-"Nonnnsense..."
-"Ranga.."

Seven things that attract you to the opposite sex:

- A warm, open smile.
- Intelligence
- Expressive eyes
- The hint of a stubble - I've found it gives a rugged, handsome look. Never been a fan of chocolate-faced guys. Of course, doesn't suit everyone..:)
- Fierce loyalty and passion toward work, family, friends etc...
- Sense of humour
- Tenacity

Seven celebrity crushes:

- Saurav Ganguly
He fairly leapt out of my mind as soon as I started doing this tag. I have long been a fan of this Bengal tiger as much for his elegant batting as for his cute looks.
- Shoaib Akhtar
I have had a mad crush on this Rawalpindi express since I saw him debut. I love the passion and ferocity he brings to his art! I heard him sing "Roop Tera mastana.." in a Star Plus interview once and that made me an even crazier fan!
- Goran Ivanisevic
I've always liked this gentle giant with his tantrums, aces and all, perhaps because he was an underdog living in the shadow of The Great Pete Sampras. He wasn't the only one jumping with joy when he won the Wimbledon..:)
- Shahrukh Khan
Needless to say, he still makes my heart go "dhak dhak".
- Singer Karthik
I love his youthful voice and fresh rendering!
- Madhavan
I can't think of any girl who didn't fall for his smile in Alaipayuthey. He had me at 'hello'!
- Perry Mason
I daresay it is weird to have a crush on a fictional character. I've been a terrible fan of this lawyer-detective character creation of Erle Stanley Gardner and have read almost all his novels. Daring, living-on-the-edge, bold, strong, fiercely loyal and always on the side of truth and justice- he always seemed to be my ideal of a man!

13 comments:

Gnana Kirukan said...

"Donate money to temples and Veda Pata Shalas for the preservation of the tradition of Vedas."

Very good Subha :)..

Goran is awesome!! He is the best tennis player ever!! I was so happy to see him finally win Wimbledon 3 yrs back! :)

Anonymous said...

Bungee-jumping .. Konjam Over-a therla ? Mudella nadakka try pannu .. apparam Gudikka try pannu !

-Vasu

Agnibarathi said...

Freeeya vidu...looks like that is a common statement amongst all Tamils!! You want to read mysteries and you've missed Holmes...tsk tsk, youngsters these days!!! The hint of a stubble - I've found it gives a rugged, handsome look. Never been a fan of chocolate-faced guys. Of course, doesn't suit everyone..:) *Grin* In the end, it was worth tagging you!! :)

Anonymous said...

You perry mason fan?
Me a Della Street fan :-D

Gnana Kirukan said...

agnibharathy - she said stubble not thaadi!! *me grinning now*

Agnibarathi said...

@Arjuna - My grin was for totally different reasons!! :)
@Subha - No offence meant!!

Gnana Kirukan said...

agni - me too grinning for the same reason - LOL

Subha - again no offence meant!

Zeppelin said...

Hmm..never been a fan of chocolate-faced guys nu sollitu, Ganguly, Madhavan fan nu solriye…. ;)

Indha stubble –dhaadi confusion la ethana peru Devadasa alayaraangalo… paavam… ippidi ellam paduthalamo… :)

You’ve listen seven things you say the most, but how about this… if not seven, (maybe more..:)) what would be the things good/bad that you have always yearned to say but haven’t… !

overall, nice post.. when you told me about this didnt think it was gonna be this terrific.. !

cheers!

The Doodler said...

katpadi murali,
Thanks for stopping by.
Vasu,
ellam simultaneous-a panna vendiyadhu dhaan..:)
agnibarathi,
I caught that "freeyavidu" bug from one of my friends whose blog is http://freeyavedu.blogspot.com..:)
I remembered Holmes. That was obviously one of the first things I started reading but then other styles kinda grew on me more than Doyle's..
Aiyo, naan unga dhaadiyai sollalaingooo..:)

The Doodler said...

Ferrari,
I am fan of the daring duo..:)
Zeppelin,
Maddy and ganguly are not exactly chocolate-faced guys..they look pretty good with a stubble too! But enough of hairy discussions..:) I will make a list of what you asked pretty soon..

Agnibarathi said...

I caught my freeya vidu bug from my college! Aiyo, naan unga dhaadiyai sollalaingooo..:) *Putting an expression on his face like that 'collegA nAnA' soap ad lady* dhAdiyA enakkA? Read through what I have put in my list of seven things to do before I die!! :))

Gnana Kirukan said...

"Aiyo, naan unga dhaadiyai sollalaingooo..:)"

Agni - me happy now LOL!!

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Good one Subha,
I admire your listening to NPR.! Shows your interests.!

Ming dynasty masterpiece- Interesting.!! Can't you find one in Ebay?

Music appreciation - I try to do this .but somehow never gone too far.

Alaipayuthey - I agree, great movie.

Opposite sex attraction - nice ones!

Celebs - I like Shoaib too and for the same exact reasons.! I admire the fire in his eyes...!!