Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Miracle of Life

I am not much of a biology person. But I was absolutely thrilled when I received a superb lecture on the functioning of cells, proteins and the roots of cancer. It amazed me to learn of the intricate processes that govern cell division and how the DNA is wired to auto-correct faults/defects while splitting. There seem to be so many layers of protection and correction built into the human system that if some disease/anomaly does show up, then it means you really have a problem!! Funny how I never thought of it that way before. Anyways, I got a new respect for this body that we abuse so much. But I know all this awe and wonder is gonna be short lived and it won't be long before I start taking everything for granted again. So for what it is worth, I have immortalized that fleeting moment in this blog!

No comments: