- I wanted to wake up early so I could get some work done and take a long lunch at work. I couldn't get to sleep until 12.30 in the night and woke up at 7.00 AM feeling all puffy-eyed and cranky.
- I poured out a glass of juice that I desperately wanted because I was thirsty. But I forgot to take it with me when I left the house.
- I got in the car and realized my fuel tank was completely empty.
- It starts pouring cats and dogs right when I start driving.
- I have temporary amnesia and go my usual route to work before I realized I had to fuel. (I know that sounds nutty but that's how pre-occupied I was). So I had to take a detour.
- The Speedway gas station which is normally empty is completely full. I mean, so full that you have a car queue! :( I looked at Shell next door and it too was completely jammed. I mean, where's everyone going?!?
- I fueled my car up and returned to find my car keys missing. My keychain had broken open and I had every other key except the car key.
- I spent 20 minutes searching for my key at the gas station before I found it buried deep under the car seat.
- Finally, I thought, I am going to get to work. And I run straight into a traffic jam caused by a car wreck on a side street. The irony is that that street rarely ever sees any traffic much less an accident. Huh!
- My badge reader fails to read at work while I am standing in the pouring rain at the edge of my patience.
Somedays are just not meant to be my day....sigh.
But like they say, there's always a silver lining....
- Yesterday, my car battery failed and I couldn't start my car up. I was in an unfamiliar parking lot and late to work. I asked a couple of drivers but they looked at me really suspiciously and ran away. Then came an old taxi driver who was kind enough to help me jump-start my car. He had to push my car out of the parking lot so we could get the cars close enough to jump-start my car. I couldn't thank him enough.
- Today, as I lost my car keys in the gas station and was sweating like an overworked donkey, a couple of maintenance workers at UK walked up. They'd been seeing my plight for the past 5 minutes and offered to help. They got flashlights and looked around in my car and finally found my key for me! :)
Sometimes, its these little things that really make my day...:)
Have a good weekend!