Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

8 things others don't know about me

Badhri had tagged me:

1. I am a Tamizh fanatic and I seriously support the TN State Government's initiative to force Tamizh on all students upto a particular grade. I dislike it when TN born natives give me reasons like, "It's too hard" or "None ever taught me" for not learning Tamizh. I believe that the mother tongue should be second nature and not a choice.

2. When I drive, I stay in the exact center of the lane I am in. It drives me nuts when someone else is driving and they keep drifting within the lane.

3. Due to circumstances/environment etc.., I think I was older than my years as a kid. That has carried over to my adulthood and I've always been the sober, mature type. It is my secret desire to be wild, rambunctious and unruly..:)

4. I'd like to say witty, cutting things to people when they hurl an insult at me. But I've sucked at it so far and expect to continue :(

5. I've secretly fallen in love with Vandiyathevan of "Ponniyin Selvan" yore. Each time I go to Srirangam, I like to go on temple tours nearby. Whenever I pass Vallam, where SASTRA now resides, my father and I share a "Vandiyathevan" moment. :) And unfailingly, I wonder about past lives, rebirths and serendipity.

6. I am more philosophical than I care to reveal. At times, when going to a movie or eating at an expensive restaurant or indulging myself in luxury, a discomfiting voice pops up in my head,

"And to what end does this activity lead you? Who does it help?"

I am confronted with "nothing" as the answer and it scares me. Not sure if any of you have the same kind of thoughts but I often do. It leaves me confused! :)

7. I cannot hate anyone for a prolonged period of time. Although the statement of "I-once-hated-this-person" is there and I express it, the feeling behind the statement would've vanished a long time back (usually within a week). And I am not averse to extending a hand of friendship again. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

8. I often have this recurring dream where I am walking on the Marina beach. Suddenly, the waves start becoming higher and I run toward land. There's a huge wave -- about 100 feet or so -- that rises and chases me. I keep running and running and running...And then I wake up. Even though I've had this dream hundreds of times, I've never known the way it ends. I am sure there's some deep Freudian meaning to this dream but I don't want to find out.. :)



5 comments:

Maayaa said...

hey philo subbu
sooper..

un vandhithevan matter enaku theriyum..

adhu epdi.. you want to be wildaa?? ippo irukardhu enna :)-

tamil learning- i concur!!!

RS said...

Unrelated to this post - you are tagged to write a book review...

http://books-and-me.blogspot.com/

:)

Anonymous said...

#8 Dec. 26 2004 by any chance earl;y morning marina pakkam poniya?

#1
thamizh na udaney nyabagam varudhu..
en friend oruthanga.. thinnai arattai nu blog ellam vechu thamizh la pramaadhama eludhittu irundhaanga..
aprom andha blog pakkam aalaye kanom, ennanu therila, unakku theriyumo? :D

Badhri said...

> 2. When I drive, I stay in the exact center of the lane I am in. It drives me nuts when someone else is driving and they keep drifting within the lane.

If/when you come to India, try not to get into the back seat of a car. You may cause accidents! :) (I am sure you won't choose to drive!)

7. I cannot hate anyone for a prolonged period of time. Although the statement of "I-once-hated-this-person".....Not sure if this is a good or bad thing."

Both or neither depending on how you look. Sensible and sensitive people will appreciate you (so its good, or not bad) and opportunists will use you (so its bad or not good!).

:)

Badhri said...

I was going to say "Hey no tags? But I think the correct thing to say is "Thanks for obliging"...and Happy birthday and well done so far to Doodles